2005年5月27日星期五

sixth day

Had the Conference the whole day.
Decided to try the A&W Breakfast in the MacEwan Hall,
where the student centre was.
There were many stalls in this canteen which was rather crowded in meal hours.
All food were packed in huge packets and I had difficulty finishing
my Wan Ton Noodle Soup for lunch.
Was extremely delighted when I could find this Chinese Stall.
There were many Asians studying here, compared to only four Asians attending the Conference.
Toured around the Student Centre and was delighted to find hair salon, game arcade,
florist shop, a big photocopy centre, drinking lounge and etc.
Spent my free time in the Bookshop.

Took the train from the Banff Trail Station to Downtown after my Conference.
A two dollar ride one way, regardless of how many stops.
Shopped along the Seventh Avenue, though it was only Evening, not many shoppers were seen.
All the shopping centres were connected by linkways and that saved you trouble from walking in and out of the shopping centres.
Kept checking the watch for time as very often Iwas the only soul or one of the few shopping at each storey at a time.
Received the only call for this trip.Talked to you outside the Shopping Centres which faced the Train Station.
For the first time felt the distance and I was indeed far far away from home.
Had an aimless walk on the Stephen Avenue Walk.
It was supposed to be crowded but only a few were seen.
It was still broad day light but I felt unsafe.
Decided to take the train back when no taxis responded to my flag of hands.
Maybe it was back to Crowchild Trail, where my hotel was situated, I felt more at ease.