2005年5月30日星期一

seventh day

Was bathing when the fire alarm rang.
Didn't realise it was the fire alarm till I came out of the room.
Was among the last few to be out of the hotel and it was only
two degree Celcius at half past seven in the moring.

Fire engines and the police came and
people started to take photos of their rare appearance.
Wearing only sandals, my feet went cold even the sun was out.
In the end it was only a false alarm.
Was late for my last day of Conference and I realised my notes and my earphone pouch were nowhere to be found upon reaching the University.
Was a little affected but life still went on.
Went to the Brentwood Shopping Mall for a while and decided to go back to Downtown.
There were more people on the streets this time round,
most probably because it was Friday.
Was contented to be able to buy some clothes.
Slept through the evening till nine to get my dinner.
Pampered myself with this Grilled prawn with black pepper and the best thing was to watch "Pretty Woman" starring Julie Roberts and Richard Gere on the local TV.
Was a little too late to realise I missed so many American movies for my stay there but nevetheless, still managed to watch first half of "While you were sleeping" by Sandra Bullocks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woke up @ 3:00am to bathe.
Checked out of the hotel a@4:30am 28/05/05 and reached the Calgary Airport @ 5:20am.
Waited long at the Customs, and was unluckly to be stopped by the Officer to check my luggage.
Took the United Express, a small plane with only 15 rows of four seats each.
Landed at the San Francisco Domestic Airport three hours later.
Boarded a bus to the International Airport and had a great drive on the runways of the Airport.
Changed for some US currency to have my breakfast at this Japanese Restaurant in the Airport.
Went to this self automated machine to clear the US customs. Wondered why Singapore Passports cannot be scanned by the machine and needed manual keying in.
An almost ten hours flight to Tokyo Narita International Airport. Was lucky to have one of the seats empty for the flight.
Had Baileys Irish Cream and it brought back memories of the Staff Retreat at Rasa Sentosa where I had the first taste of it.
Had around three hours in Narita Airport. Met more Asians and felt closer to home.

Changed for Japanese yens and went for the last round of airport shopping.
Finally, used the last boarding pass and spent the last six hours plus on plane.
Reached Changi International Airport Terminal One @11:30pm 29/05/05.
Was home finally but strangely enough my Nokia Phone cannot swtich to the correct Singapore Time.
Drove to Changi Village for my Nasi Lemak.
Slept for almost 19 hours before I was clearly awake.
Home Sweet Home.