2005年5月23日星期一

second day


Confused with the time,
Woke up when I should be sleeping,
Sleepy when I should be wide awake.
Went through all the brochures available,
And decided to go to the Canadian Olympic Park,
A place which held the 1988 Winter Olympic Games.
A summer season it should be but the temperature
Was only 10 degree Celsius.
Had breakfast at the MacDonald’s and
Took a 10 min cab there and joined the guided tour.
A huge place where you can see the ski jump,
skeleton, luge and bon sleigh track.
Were wearing three layers of clothes but people were in their
t shirts and shorts for mountain biking.
Alberta, the province I am in, had its province flag with many colours.
Blue sky with white clouds, golden wheat fields and white snow cap mountains paint the daily scenic setting this 100 year old province.
It was said the Queen would be coming here on the 24th to join in the celebration,
a timely visit for me, to witness this.
Went downtown, a dead place when it was a Sunday.Shops only opened @12pm and closed @5:30pm.
Went to the Calgary Tower, which was similar to the Sydney Tower.
Had a 360 view of whole Calgary and I must say the snow cap Rockies mountains were the most fascinating view.
Walked the way to Chinatown and had a late lunch at a Japanese restaurant.
Shopped a little in this two storey building where I bought my Momoe Yamaguchi's DVD.
Headed back to the hotel in the evening and slept for hours after eating my flu tablet.
Missed my dinner and was a little hungry while I was updating my blog.